Ministry of Food Pte Ltd (MOF) is a Singapore brand restaurant chain specialising in Japanese food. It was first incorporated on 5th of May, 2006 in Singapore followed by the opening of the first outlet, MOF My Izakaya, at Marina Square within the same year.
The opening ceremonies of MOF My Izakaya in Singapore were graced by:
- Brother-in-law of the Singapore Prime Minister, Mr Ho Sheng
- Deputy Chairman of Singapore Press Holdings (SPH), Director of United Overseas Bank (UOB), and Founder of Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Professor Cham Tao Soon
- Chairman of Singapore’s Institute of Policy Studies, Professor Tommy Koh
There are currently several outstanding concepts – including those executed and in development – under the MOF umbrella. These are:
- MOF My Izakaya
- DANRO Japanese Hotpot
- Social Square
- Dolce Tokyo
- Ju Hao
- Insadong Korea Town
- Ssiksin Korean BBQ Buffet
- Daessiksin Korean BBQ Buffet
Corporate social responsibility is part of MOF’s culture. With the less fortunate and needy Singaporean friends in mind, MOF reaches out to organizations like The National Kidney Foundation in support of their community programmes and campaigns.
- MOF is selected by The Singapore Press Holdings to be the 10 Movers & Shakers representing 10 different industries. MOF is chosen to represent the Casual Dining F&B industry.
- The Enterprise 50 Awards and Spirit Of Enterprise Award 2010 and 2011.
- 1 of 50 Most Inspiring Women by Her World Magazine in its 50th issue 2010.
- LENAS is nominated for Best New Concept Award 2009 by RAS.
- MOF is nominated by KPMG for Enterprise 50 Awards 2010/2011.
- MOF is nominated by SMU for Spirit Of Enterprise Award 2010/2011